Learn how artlink handles personal data across the website we operate.
Effective Date: November 25, 2022
1. About Us
Artlink (“we”, “us” or “our”) is an independent, non-profit organisation registered in Bern (UID: CHE-107.612.736), Switzerland. Our registered office is at Waisenhausplatz 30, 3001-Bern. You may contact artlink in relation to privacy and data protection matters by emailing to email@example.com.
We promote artists and cultural practitioners from Africa, Latin America, Southeast and Southwest Asia, and Eastern Europe in Switzerland. Artlink pursues various activities and provides a Website with an online and offline platform and programme ("Turntables") which includes an online directory ("Directory"). You can use our Turntables Directory to create an online profile for your arts and culture practice ("Profile").
“personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via the Website and/or your Profile, e.g. your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number, IP address, pictures and other visual or audiovisual material etc. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Swiss Data Protection Act (as revised from time to time) (“DPA”) and/or the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
3. What Personal data we collect
We collect personal data when you visit our Website, register for a Profile on Turntables, sign up for membership, subscribe to our newsletter or engage with our activities. We also collect personal data when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback. Participate in our events, activities, programmes and competitions or apply for grants.
4. Minor's Personal data
As far as we are able to establish, we collect, process and use the personal data of children solely with the explicit consent of their legal representative. Persons under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their legal representative before submitting personal data to us. Accordingly, the use of our website by persons under the age of 18 without parental consent is prohibited. In addition, persons under the age of 13 may not register for our newsletter — not even with the consent of their legal representatives.
5. How we use your Personal data
We process your personal data primarily to fulfil the services and activities you requested, to fulfil our contractual obligations and legal obligations imposed upon us.
We process your data in particular for the following purposes:
- Responding to your inquiries, programme and event registration;
- verify your eligibility to access our services, programmes, events and content;
- providing you with information about programmes, initiatives, activities, and events by email or another way of communication;
- processing your grant application or job application;
- manage your Profile account and provide customer support;
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting for projects and nominations;
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services;
- performing statistical and demographic analyses of users of the Website and their usage patterns so that we can provide you with more efficient tools;
- to make sure everyone is using our Website and services fairly and in accordance with our shared values, general terms and conditions and legal grounds.
We process personal data for the period of time necessary for the relevant purpose(s) or as required by law.
6. Who we share your Personal data with
We share your personal data with collaborative partners, including recipients abroad and also with countries that do not ensure an equivalent level of data protection as Swiss law. We do this in particular in connection with the processing of applications and registrations for joint projects or if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject(s). The personal data contained in applications and registrations is stored in the artlink database in order to carry out the activities and services requested and to facilitate future communication. By submitting an application or registration, you agrees to this use.
We may have personal data processed by third parties service providers. We may process personal data together with third parties or transfer it to third parties. Such third parties are, in particular, specialized providers whose services we use (e.g. newsletter dispatch services). We also guarantee data protection for such third parties.
artlink may disclose personal data to public authorities or judicial authorities due to a legal obligation. For all other matters, artlink will only use the data if the person concerned has given their express consent.
7. Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the DPA and/or GDPR:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- the right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org);
- the right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you;
- the right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- the right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Officer (“FDPIC”) and/or any competent EU supervisory authority (as the case may be).
8. How long will we store your Personal data?
Artlink does not store your personal data longer than legally permitted, legally required and/or necessary for the purposes for which your data was originally collected. We will block or delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer needed and in any event after the maximum retention period required by law has expired.
You may request the deletion of your personal data at any time by e-emailing us at email@example.com. We will comply with your request with immediate effect, unless we are obliged to retain your data for other reasons, such as statutory provisions, or unless we need this data to enforce legal claims.
We may use so-called «cookies» on our web pages. Cookies - our own cookies (first-party cookies) as well as cookies from third parties whose services we use (third-party cookies) - are data that are stored in your browser. Such stored data need not be limited to traditional cookies in text form.
Cookies can be stored in the browser temporarily as "session cookies" or for a certain period of time as so-called permanent cookies. "Session cookies" are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. Permanent cookies have a specific storage period. In particular, cookies enable us to recognise a browser the next time it visits our website and thus, for example, to measure the reach of our website. However, permanent cookies can also be used for online marketing, for example.
Artlink takes appropriate and reasonable security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised access, modifications, disclosure, loss or improper use, and to protect the accuracy and integrity of your personal data.